Welcome to our Community portal. Post your questions, issues or problems below by clicking TestWiki:Community portal/Archive 1.
- 1 Gadget description
- 2 The logo
- 3 Are bureaucrats allowed to grant administrator right?
- 4 RFC: Puffin Web Browser global blocks
- 5 Protected
- 6 Userrights update
- 7 Does the email notice work?
- 8 Spanish PublicTestWiki
- 9 Don't need to test any more
- 10 Pywikibot official community approval
- 11 Abuse filter
- 12 Recent vandalism
- 13 AlvaroMolina for consul
- 14 Temporary feature
- 15 Titleblacklist
- 16 Able to change protection levels
- 17 Got fatal error
- 18 Asdfugil for consul in here
- 19 Enable protect lock
- 20 Allow bureaucrats to self resign
- 21 Consul for MacFan4000
- 22 Request for Consul - Kiko4564
- 23 Special:AggregateGroups
- 24 Request for consul (Pkbwcgs)
- 25 Bureaucrat weirdness.
- 26 TestWiki:Inactivity/Exceptions
- 27 I need help restoring this page
- 28 Lua Scripting
- 29 Hi
- 30 Request for Consul by Zppix
- 31 Rename request
- 32 Please make new interfacepage
- 33 Something wrong with the bureaucrat toolset?
- 34 ~Squiggles~ for steward
- 35 Templates
- 36 Database error
- 37 Personal request
- 38 Consul Request (RhinosF1)
- 39 Look into Brownlowe.2 please
- 40 Question. Please help!
- 41 Name Change Question
- 42 Request
- 43 Verify
- 44 New wikitext mode
- 45 Inactivity
- 46 Inactive Rights Removal - 29 Apr 2020
- 47 Request
- 48 Right
- 49 Bonnedav Inactivity exemption
- 50 Inactivity Policy Exemption Request
- 51 Inquiry, full-featured test wiki and automatic reset to zero.
- 52 Nuking pages
- 53 Inactive Rights Removal - 21 May 2020
I noticed the gadget description on MediaWiki:Gadget-UTCLiveClock includes the text "After adding please en:purge the page" and was wondering what the point of it is. After all, the page already says that the tool includes a purge link. wikipedia:en:purge (apparent intended target) is no help either. ping @Reception123: who added it. -- Void Discuss 20:43, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
- I have not seen this when importing the template. Removed. Reception123 (talk) 04:41, 9 September 2016 (UTC)
- .........Already changed by Gyakusyuu no Amanojaku.--Tiger (talk) 07:31, 30 March 2017 (UTC)
Are bureaucrats allowed to grant administrator right?
I found that bureaucrats are able to grant administrator right to other users technically. Are bureaucrats allowed to grant administrator right when other users request it on TestWiki:Request_permissions? Are they allowed to revoke the right when it is inappropriately used?--Tiger (talk) 14:51, 29 March 2017 (UTC)
- Bureaucrats are allowed to grant sysop and bureaucrat, and can revoke sysop. If you are granting admin/bureaucrat, just make sure that the request fulfills the requirements at the top of the page. If in doubt, let someone else handle it. -- Void Whispers 15:06, 29 March 2017 (UTC)
RFC: Puffin Web Browser global blocks
Just an FYI in a visible place.
- After a bug was resolved in the config, sysops now have the ability to add Autopatrolled, confirmed, and rollbacker to accounts.
- 'Crats may now assign the bot usergroup. However, please be aware to only assign the group for testing or to prevent flood, never run a full bot account without consul permission.
- The exampleuser usergroup will be removed as the only accounts it was assigned to were locked for security concerns. It is no longer useful.
- I think we can set a special usergroup like "flood" on Chinese Wikipedia (can be added by admins and only to admins themselves) to divide test groups from non-test groups. However, I don't think it's necessary because there are no real bots now. --Amanojaku (talk) 13:58, 26 April 2017 (UTC)
Does the email notice work?
Hello, I just wanted to announce that I have established the Spanish Version of PublicTestWiki for native speakers of Spanish and that they need to have more facilities to communicate with the rest of their peers, all Spanish speakers who want to participate can visit the wiki in Alvaro Molina (✉ - ✔) 12:24, 7 May 2017 (UTC)and begin to be part of the community. Regards. —
Don't need to test any more
- Done; if you need the rights back at any time, just let me know. Cheers -- Void Whispers 17:22, 29 May 2017 (UTC)
Please examine my (IP) edits to my named account's userpage, it shouldn't be disallowed even though it starts with an IP address. 22.214.171.124 10:11, 1 August 2017 (UTC)
AlvaroMolina for consul
Hi, yesterday I used the temporary feature on Special:Userrights and I'm wondering if that feature was created by Miraheze or it comes with MediaWiki. Thank you, Cyborg (talk) 20:52, 9 September 2017 (UTC)
- Temporary userrights is a feature that was added in MediaWiki version 1.29. It is not specific to Miraheze. -- Void Whispers 00:03, 10 September 2017 (UTC)
I've added translation pages to the MediaWiki:Titleblacklist to prevent vandalism. Only autoconfirmed users can modify or create translations now. The translations of the main page are also protected. Please feel free to change it after it's safe. --Amanojaku (talk) 04:19, 16 September 2017 (UTC)
Able to change protection levels
- Because the protect action is not restricted. As a result, unless we decide to modify the configuration, the only way to prevent the modification of protection levels is to remove edit access as well. It would make sense if the software only allowed users to modify protection levels if they had the ability to perform the action with its current restriction level. (eg that an admin would not be able to modify consul level move/deletion restrictions). But, this is not the case. -- Void Whispers 19:45, 23 September 2017 (UTC)
Got fatal error
I made a test on how long can a user be blocked (except indefinite) and set a block till 31 Dec. 9999 23:59:59 on a wasted account (declared by its owner). Then I met "[cadbecb3fec4cc62aa74674e] 2017-11-29 12:16:46: Fatal exception of type "MWException"" on all the pages that involving the block log of that account.(Block log of that account, Block log of this site, Logs of me and so on.) Sorry for making this trouble and wish it not a big trouble for the consuls.--Tiger (talk) 12:22, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Well, it's not a problem anymore (as far as I can tell), so no big deal. -- Void Whispers 20:50, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
Asdfugil for consul in here
Enable protect lock
Allow bureaucrats to self resign
Consul for MacFan4000
Request for Consul - Kiko4564
Request for consul (Pkbwcgs)
Why can bureaucrats only add Confirmed users, Autopatrollers, and Rollbackers when administrators can both add and remove them? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Bonnedav (talk • contribs) 05:55, 11 September 2018 (UTC)
- And, that's all cleaned up now. -- Void Whispers 16:41, 11 September 2018 (UTC)
- I was thinking more like just let them remove the groups as well so it is easier to tell the difference in group add/remove perms between crat and Consul, but it's your call. Bonnedav (talk) 03:09, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
I thought I was exempted from user right removal? Does anyone know what the heck happened to my admin and crat perms? — revi 10:48, 2 November 2018 (UTC)
- I don't know, it's not in the log. User:MacFan4000 has restored these rights for you. Kiko4564 (talk) 18:28, 27 January 2019 (UTC)
I need help restoring this page
Hello all. Yesterday I made a bad decision to delete a translated version of the Main Page, https://publictestwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page/zh. I thought it would be a simple matter of just restoeing the page once I had deleted it. But since it's translated, I guess it has to be manually translated again in order to be restored. I am completely inexperienced with translating pages. Can anyone help me fix this page?
Hereis a little talk about the situation. https://publictestwiki.com/wiki/Talk:Main_Page/zh
- I tried to undelete that page, but it couldn't be restored manually, that page needs to be restored by using the Translate tool. If you want to undelete that page, here have a link to the deleted text which admins can view: HERE.
The link takes to a textbox where you can copy the text, but the page cannot be created manually, it MUST be re-created with the translate tool. Any additional help is needed for users who can Chinese. Unhappily, I cannot chinese :( so you need to ask another user who can chinese that can restore the page. Psl631 (Let's Chat!) 17:45, 8 January 2019 (UTC)
- Has this been done now? Kiko4564 (talk) 18:26, 27 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Ptwcris: You might want to open a task on Phabricator.miraheze.org RhinosF1 (talk) 18:41, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
Please since you have the consul user group, can some steward or global sysop create the "Template_editor" user right on hypotheticaltropicalcycloneswiki, and add the protection level "Edit: Allow only template editors" on my wiki? Fungster (talk) 15:26, 19 June 2019 (UTC)
Request for Consul by Zppix
New name: Ghery
Please make new interfacepage
- Request at Meta too.--デーモン閣下 (talk) 07:54, 23 October 2019 (UTC)
- Done--そらたこ🐙🌈talk 13:33, 23 October 2019 (UTC)
Something wrong with the bureaucrat toolset?
Hello, I was wondering if this is intentional or not but bureaucrats cannot access the bureaucrat protection level at all. If this isn't intentional could it please be fixed? Thanks. Hypercane (talk) 21:15, 6 November 2019 (UTC)
- Also not related to the bureaucrat toolset, but administrators can only promote confirmed users but not demote them? Is this intentional? Hypercane (talk) 21:22, 6 November 2019 (UTC)
~Squiggles~ for steward
- Anybody can make new templates without using a computer. Dross (talk) 22:02, 26 November 2019 (UTC)
When I was trying to make a test account so I can test on it I got the following: Database error
A database query error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software.
[3287968177626a1207610c6b] 2019-12-23 00:19:25: Fatal exception of type "Wikimedia\Rdbms\DBQueryError"
- Can you link to the page? Your talk page is not protected. RhinosF1 (talk) 13:58, 19 January 2020 (UTC)
Consul Request (RhinosF1)
Look into Brownlowe.2 please
I would like to request that someone look more closely into Brownlowe.2 because a user by the same name just got blocked for sockpuppetry on testwiki.wiki
- Done desysopped, blocked 2 sock puppets. RhinosF1 (talk) 15:19, 30 January 2020 (UTC)
Question. Please help!
- @Q-bit: I apologize for the delayed response. You can request additional protection levels on Phabricator for your wiki. dross (t • c • g) 20:00, 26 February 2020 (UTC)
Name Change Question
I would really like to change my name here to Brightshine, but unfortunately I can't get a name change through the Meta Wiki because I am indefinitely blocked there. Is there any other way to have my name changed? Bugambilia (talk) 14:03, 21 March 2020 (UTC)
- You can either email stewards[at]miraheze.org or appeal your block. RhinosF1 (talk) 14:06, 21 March 2020 (UTC)
- Give me an hour and I’ll sort it. RhinosF1 (talk) 07:56, 24 March 2020 (UTC)
Test Delete/bn,Autoarchive/bn,Move test/bn,Test/bn,Test page/bn,Translate/bn,Test protect/bn I am translating these registrations from English to Bengala .Requested to verify.Lēnin (talk) 12:15, 24 March 2020 (UTC)
- I only see a need for Autoarchive/bn. RhinosF1 (talk) 12:16, 24 March 2020 (UTC)
New wikitext mode
I am now processing the inactive users list. I'd like to adapt the policy slightly. The new policy can be found at TestWiki:Inactivity/Draft and the template for rights removal at Template:Inactivity/Draft.
- RhinosF1 (talk) 10:02, 22 April 2020 (UTC)
Inactive Rights Removal - 29 Apr 2020
The rights of the following users will be removed on or after 7 May 2020 if they do not return to activity:
HeartsDo ( talk · contribs · deleted · logs · rights )exempted Tiger ( talk · contribs · deleted · logs · rights )removed rights
- Testingthisthing ( talk · contribs · deleted · logs · rights )
- Cmg ( talk · contribs · deleted · logs · rights )
Bonnedav ( talk · contribs · deleted · logs · rights )exempted ZI Jony ( talk · contribs · deleted · logs · rights )exempted
- Asteralium ( talk · contribs · deleted · logs · rights )
- MrJaroslavik ( talk · contribs · deleted · logs · rights )
- Reuben ( talk · contribs · deleted · logs · rights )
- Alibebeak ( talk · contribs · deleted · logs · rights )
- Unforgettableid ( talk · contribs · deleted · logs · rights )
- Wuebbold.1 ( talk · contribs · deleted · logs · rights )
- RhinosF1 (talk)
- For the Consul Team
- 09:39, 29 April 2020 (UTC)
@Reception123: Towards the end of my administrator rights you took a month to verify me,So the administrative rights will end in a few days.Before the end, I request you to give me the rights of administrator and bureaucrat. Examknow also told me to make a new request after I made this request [] If I apply for the right Examknow Blocks(He was blocking me for that mistake(Disruptive Editing) me.I will make a request to verify my contribution.Then you can catch my mistakes. Later I show this car and release the block(I request you to block after a little discussion with the StewardsI was blocked for the same reason and later released void) I think applying for rights and not Disruptive Editing for rights Discussion.Even then I am requesting to verify
- Your rights will not be returned for at least a week and continuing to demand things will get you blocked again. RhinosF1 (talk) 19:17, 30 April 2020 (UTC)
Bonnedav Inactivity exemption
- I’ll grant this later. RhinosF1 (talk) 06:30, 1 May 2020 (UTC)
Inactivity Policy Exemption Request
Is possible to be exempt of Inactivity Policy, please
Inquiry, full-featured test wiki and automatic reset to zero.
Hello, what I comment on, I do not know if it is feasible at this time, I consult it in case there is a short-term possibility of doing it.
I must clarify that what I express is framed in contributing to the community and I greatly appreciate the important and enormous work that all the volunteers do in this wiki. I apologize in advance, that if, due to my misinformation, I comment something wrong, related to a particular situation.
I am very happy to know about this wiki for testing, since I have requested the creation of a new wiki and I am building it out of hand. There are options that I would like to implement in my wiki, this test wiki is ideal.
Current working format on the wiki
I was hoping to have a fully manageable wiki like the one I currently have on my newly created wiki, with the idea of testing from the start, I understand that this is not possible because we are working on the same testing wiki (it would be interesting if this wiki is entirely to organize and document how we could carry out tests to later be able to implement in our wikis, something similar to Meta, a Meta test wiki).
If possible, it would be interesting to have one or more wikis as feasible, in addition to the resources available, perhaps to start one per language of the most widely used languages or they may be requested. These wikis are automatically reset to zero, by giving a choice, every 24 hours or whichever time is most optimal for testing. These tests carried out by users of the community, which could be increased in greater quantity, would allow us to build in the test wiki (publictestwiki com), perhaps on a special page, How-to manuals (very good option to strengthen the community) .
It is good to put into practice some option, functionality, permission, etc., starting from scratch, I consider that it is not optimal, this because it has not been documented somewhere, we can effectively take advantage of the work already done by other people from the community by documenting some test carried out (I understand that not all of us document, this for various reasons, but those that we can do will allow other members of the community to advance much faster, compared to doing it from scratch). Thank you very much, kind regards,--Geryescalier (talk) 15:07, 9 May 2020 (UTC)
Inactive Rights Removal - 21 May 2020
The rights of the following users will be removed on or after 28 May 2020 if they do not return to activity:
- Kaaaa ( talk · contribs · deleted · logs · rights )
- Ldmsys ( talk · contribs · deleted · logs · rights )
- Rots61Test1 ( talk · contribs · deleted · logs · rights )
- Rots61Test2 ( talk · contribs · deleted · logs · rights )
- TFFfan ( talk · contribs · deleted · logs · rights )