Autoconfirmed users is a user group that is automatically assigned by the MediaWiki software to any user account that is at least four (4) days old and has made at least ten (10) edits. It cannot be assigned manually via Special:UserRights and promotions to this user group are not logged. Only the abuse filter user can revoke [[<tvar|acu>TestWiki:Autoconfirmed users|autoconfirmed]] rights, and only then in exceptional cases.
As a result of a Miraheze-specific MediaWiki configuration issue having to do with users who were previously either an autopatrolled user or an administrator and subsequently lost that user group saw their edits made while they were a member of either of those user groups became unpatrolled, which thus created an unneeded patrol backlog, a community proposal was launched by an active bureaucrat to add the
autopatrol user group right to the autoconfirmed user group indefinitely. It was added indefinitely for two reasons, namely that (a) there was no known date for when the configuration issue/software bug would be fixed and (b) any registered user who is logged in can request administrator tools.
The following are the user rights included within the autoconfirmed user group:
- Create new user accounts
- Delete own comments
- Edit pages protected as "Allow only autoconfirmed users"
- Have one's own edits automatically marked as patrolled
- Not be affected by IP-based rate limits
- Perform CAPTCHA-triggering actions without having to go through the CAPTCHA
- Propose new OAuth consumers
- Submit comments
- Update OAuth consumers you control
- Special:ListUsers/autoconfirmed, an automatically generated list of all registered users assigned implicitly to the
autoconfirmeduser group on Public Test Wiki
- Special:ListUsers/confirmed, an autoatically generally list of all registered users who have been granted the
confirmeduser group as they don't otherwise qualify for the autoconfirmed implicit user group (commonly approved bot accounts and legitimate alternate accounts of existing users)