User talk:Agent Isai
Latest comment: 2 months ago by LC Developer in topic My Bureaucrat request
Hello, Agent Isai. Are you planning to review any Consul backlogs? (Also kind of weird that a current Consul has a red-linked talk page, but I guess I'm changing that now) Naleksuh (talk) 03:49, 7 January 2023 (UTC)
- I am. I'm looking into how Consuls handle inactivity (seems they use a Python script to do the notifications/mass removals) in order to handle that. Is there anything in particular you want me to look in to? Agent Isai Talk to me! 03:54, 7 January 2023 (UTC)
- There's no need to use a specific script, just a procedure (though, you can if you want, I just don't want to pressure people into running someone else's code on their own account). The other two things were currently open bot requests by me (one for proxy demos, one for anti-self-unblock). I would also like people to stop using the "revoked" sign on request permissions page. This was never supposed to be part of the request but rather a seperate action. It started with a user who is now topic-banned from that page, and now it seems to have grown so big that even a consul is doing it naturally. Naleksuh (talk) 04:20, 7 January 2023 (UTC)
My Bureaucrat request[edit source]
I saw you were active/online and was wondering if you could review my crat rights request as you commented on the one that was declined over a week ago.
Thanks and cheers,
LC Developer (talk) 19:23, 27 March 2023 (UTC)
- I would still as of now oppose this request. As far as I can tell, judging from your contribution history here, you still do not fully understand the extent of a bureaucrat's permissions and how to implement them properly. For example, templates have been imported here from Wikipedia, a) without attribution, b) not as a test, given that they're still here, and c) not adapted to Miraheze, given that they're not a test. I would oppose this strongly for now. In the future, this can definitely change and I'm almost certain that it will with time, but for now, I advise a reviewing bureaucrat/consul to decline. BrandonWM (talk - contribs) 23:29, 27 March 2023 (UTC)
- Hello @BrandonWM and thank you for commenting!
- I can assure you that I do understand the extent of crat permissions and their implementation. I understand the scope of TestWiki now. What templates have you found that I have imported and not deleted. As far as I am aware, I have deleted all the templates I have imported. Which ones are you referring to? While I don’t completely understand your oppose, I will leave it for @Agent Isai to decide.
- Thank you again for your input!
- LC Developer (talk) 00:35, 28 March 2023 (UTC)
- @Agent Isai and @BrandonWM:
- I cannot find the templates that I have not deleted. I believe I have proved my knowledge, skill, and abilities to be granted Bureaucrat rights here. How can I improve? How can I prove myself to this community? LC Developer (talk) 00:40, 28 March 2023 (UTC)
- @BrandonWM I am also an Administrator and Bureaucrat on TestWiki.wiki where I am very active and trusted. My edits there may also help prove myself. My username is Administrator. LC Developer (talk) 00:48, 28 March 2023 (UTC)
- Upon further review, I have found that the templates to which I was referring to were in fact not imported by you, that is my mistake. The templates Template:Administrator topicon and Template:Bureaucrat topicon shouldn’t really be here as they’re wikipedia templates, but were not uploaded by you so my apologies on that count.
- Quite frankly, I still have my concerns but honestly, it’s not worth spending time arguing over a wiki that has absolutely no impact on Miraheze as a whole. This entire wiki needs to be overhauled (a topic for a later time), but in the interim I will be a Weak oppose on this request. I still think there’s more to prove, but as you’ve stated the templates are not yours and I don’t really have the energy to waste over these things so it’s up to Agent or another reviewing bureaucrat. If it takes long enough to the point where I have to review it, I would probably approve to be honest.
- TL;DR: Up to the reviewing bureaucrat, weak oppose from me still but I have no strong opposition anymore. BrandonWM (talk - contribs) 02:13, 28 March 2023 (UTC)
- If it makes you feel any better, I have changed the templates, added the TestWiki logo, and figured out the correct categories. This should eliminate further confusion. The thanks again for commenting here. If you can think of any ways I can improve, let me know on my talk page.
- Up to you @Agent Isai! LC Developer (talk) 10:24, 28 March 2023 (UTC)
- Can this be done? LC Developer (talk) 21:18, 1 April 2023 (UTC)