TESTWIKI STAFF ACTION
Unfortunately, this page and a few other things happened to cause some big drama while I was at work today. This was very annoying.
I'll be blunt and to the point:
- Local staff does not care if you were blocked or banned from any other websites, except in a few very limited circumstances (hacking/DDoS/certain illegal activities)
- Please don't use page or revision deletion to archive messages or pages. Although technically the database calls this table "archived," the software calls it deleted. Although it is easy to get administrator rights on this wiki, deletion should still not be used. It is current practice to move the messages to an archive page with a name like "((FULLPAGENAME}}/Archive #" or similar, the exact name can be up to you.
- Please attempt to avoid edit wars or wheel wars of all types. Although I understand this instance was likely not your fault, you could have tried to get other staff to intervene, instead of repeatedly deleting a page that didn't really need to be deleted.
- Also, in addition to both of the previous points, messages aren't usually archived (normally or deleted) after being read. You should (in most instances) acknowledge the person that left you the message.
I would like you and User:SleepyMode to both consider this as the official go-to on this matter, and the only warning before sanctions may be issued for any of the above.
@SleepyMode: Please review the above notes.
- @NDKilla: Done SleepyMode (talk) 18:11, 23 January 2016 (UTC)
Note that the above message was left in my role as a TestWiki Consul and has nothing to do with my role as a Miraheze Steward or Miraheze System administrator. -- Cheers, NDKilla ( Talk • Contribs ) 19:32, 23 January 2016 (UTC)
Blocked for 2 hours
Hi, I am writing to you about your recent action on the TestWiki. Please do not revert edits just because they are made by User:SleepyMode, you must have a reason to (except if it's a test and you undo it after). Also, please STOP protecting a page (without undoing the "test") for absolutely no reason as well as protecting Test page which is the main page to test on. I do not want users to war on this wiki, please stop your conflicts with User:SleepyMode. If you continue there may be consequences. @SleepyMode: See this. Reception123 (talk) 05:50, 29 January 2016 (UTC) (consul)
- @Reception123: No worries, you don't need to ping me, I see everything ;). SleepyMode 07:41, 29 January 2016 (UTC)
You cant do that!
You cant just go on other peoples talk page and ask things like Would you like to be a bureaucrat? as seen in The user talk of Pup, which just for you to know, he could just request it in "Request permissions".
Why do you think you can just go and give rights without it will be evaluated? SleepyMode 09:44, 30 January 2016 (UTC)
- Please don't remove messages just because you've read them. Makes it harder to reply etc.. -- Cheers, NDKilla ( Talk • Contribs ) 16:32, 30 January 2016 (UTC)
Blocked for 2 hours (extended to 3 days)
Your edits and actions are starting to disrupt possible testing more. Although I've asked you not to delete messages from your talk page, that's not why you're getting blocked. The thing that upset me was deleting a page immediately after a Consul just restored the page after you deleted it. Pages are allowed to permanently exist for testing. Please don't delete a page with the reason "test done" when it's supposed to be tested on in the future.
Additionally, just because I want to make sure you get the message, REMOVAL OF THIS NOTICE WILL RESULT IN REMOVAL OF ALL PERMISSIONS AND AN INDEFINITE BLOCK FROM THIS WIKI, APPEALABLE TO THE CONSUL BODY ONLY. -- Cheers, NDKilla ( Talk • Contribs ) 16:51, 30 January 2016 (UTC)
- ALL OF YOUR RIGHTS HAVE BEEN REMOVED as you have blocked a user for no reason and you have been blocked for 3 days. Reception123 (talk) 16:54, 30 January 2016 (UTC)
- @Ipadguy: Please feel free to request rights after the block expires, but note that this continued behavior will not be tolerated. Continued disruption of the project will result in blocks of increasing durations. -- Cheers, NDKilla ( Talk • Contribs ) 16:55, 30 January 2016 (UTC)