Deleting Talk page messages[edit source]
Please don't delete messages, just archive them.
Harming Public Test Wiki[edit source]
- Please do not import gadgets that are not useful for PublicTestwiki. If you want to test one or think it's useful please do, if not please refrain from doing so. Reception123 (talk) 16:19, 23 January 2016 (UTC)
Want to explain yourself?[edit source]
STAFF ACTION[edit source]
Unfortunately, this page and a few other things happened to cause some big drama while I was at work today. This was very annoying.
I'll be blunt and to the point:
- Local staff does not care if you were blocked or banned from any other websites, except in a few very limited circumstances (hacking/DDoS/certain illegal activities)
- Please don't use page or revision deletion to archive messages or pages. Although technically the database calls this table "archived," the software calls it deleted. Although it is easy to get administrator rights on this wiki, deletion should still not be used. It is current practice to move the messages to an archive page with a name like "((FULLPAGENAME}}/Archive #" or similar, the exact name can be up to you.
- Please attempt to avoid edit wars or wheel wars of all types. Although I understand this instance was likely not your fault, you could have tried to get other staff to intervene, instead of repeatedly deleting a page that didn't really need to be deleted.
- Also, in addition to both of the previous points, messages aren't usually archived (normally or deleted) after being read. You should (in most instances) acknowledge the person that left you the message.
I would like you and User:SleepyMode to both consider this as the official go-to on this matter, and the only warning before sanctions may be issued for any of the above.
@SleepyMode: Please review the above notes.