This page is a proposed policy.It is not official policy yet, but is undergoing discussion on the community portal or it may still be developing. It may be based on policies from other sites or unwritten customs.
Abuse Filter is used on mediawiki projects for that restricts users to do harmful actions to the project automatically, example of restrictions such as warning, disallow, or even block a user from editing of a page. Although abuse filter is avaliable to administrators, you should follow the guideline below and use common sense.
What this policy encourages[edit source]
If you would like to test abuse filter...
- make it only affects the test page Abuse filter test or your user subpage;
- set the test filter as only affecting your own account.
What this policy prohibits[edit source]
Creating abuse filters
- that widely restrict normal users to edit;
- that block users actively for more than 2 hours for testing only;
Or deleting abuse filters
- that is used to prohibits vandalisers, usually created by Consuls.
Most importantly, please use Common Sense!