Welcome to our Community portal. Post your questions, issues or problems below by clicking TestWiki:Community portal/Archive 1.
- 1 Gadget description
- 2 The logo
- 3 Are bureaucrats allowed to grant administrator right?
- 4 RFC: Puffin Web Browser global blocks
- 5 Protected
- 6 Userrights update
- 7 Does the email notice work?
- 8 Spanish PublicTestWiki
- 9 Don't need to test any more
- 10 Pywikibot official community approval
- 11 Abuse filter
- 12 Recent vandalism
- 13 AlvaroMolina for consul
- 14 Temporary feature
- 15 Titleblacklist
- 16 Able to change protection levels
- 17 Got fatal error
- 18 Asdfugil for consul in here
- 19 Enable protect lock
- 20 Allow bureaucrats to self resign
- 21 Consul for MacFan4000
- 22 Request for Consul - Kiko4564
- 23 Special:AggregateGroups
- 24 Request for consul (Pkbwcgs)
- 25 Bureaucrat weirdness.
- 26 TestWiki:Inactivity/Exceptions
- 27 I need help restoring this page
- 28 Lua Scripting
I noticed the gadget description on MediaWiki:Gadget-UTCLiveClock includes the text "After adding please en:purge the page" and was wondering what the point of it is. After all, the page already says that the tool includes a purge link. wikipedia:en:purge (apparent intended target) is no help either. ping @Reception123: who added it. -- Void Discuss 20:43, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
- I have not seen this when importing the template. Removed. Reception123 (talk) 04:41, 9 September 2016 (UTC)
- .........Already changed by Gyakusyuu no Amanojaku.--Tiger (talk) 07:31, 30 March 2017 (UTC)
Are bureaucrats allowed to grant administrator right?
I found that bureaucrats are able to grant administrator right to other users technically. Are bureaucrats allowed to grant administrator right when other users request it on TestWiki:Request_permissions? Are they allowed to revoke the right when it is inappropriately used?--Tiger (talk) 14:51, 29 March 2017 (UTC)
- Bureaucrats are allowed to grant sysop and bureaucrat, and can revoke sysop. If you are granting admin/bureaucrat, just make sure that the request fulfills the requirements at the top of the page. If in doubt, let someone else handle it. -- Void Whispers 15:06, 29 March 2017 (UTC)
RFC: Puffin Web Browser global blocks
Just an FYI in a visible place.
- After a bug was resolved in the config, sysops now have the ability to add Autopatrolled, confirmed, and rollbacker to accounts.
- 'Crats may now assign the bot usergroup. However, please be aware to only assign the group for testing or to prevent flood, never run a full bot account without consul permission.
- The exampleuser usergroup will be removed as the only accounts it was assigned to were locked for security concerns. It is no longer useful.
- I think we can set a special usergroup like "flood" on Chinese Wikipedia (can be added by admins and only to admins themselves) to divide test groups from non-test groups. However, I don't think it's necessary because there are no real bots now. --Amanojaku (talk) 13:58, 26 April 2017 (UTC)
Does the email notice work?
Hello, I just wanted to announce that I have established the Spanish Version of PublicTestWiki for native speakers of Spanish and that they need to have more facilities to communicate with the rest of their peers, all Spanish speakers who want to participate can visit the wiki in Alvaro Molina (✉ - ✔) 12:24, 7 May 2017 (UTC)and begin to be part of the community. Regards. —
Don't need to test any more
- Done; if you need the rights back at any time, just let me know. Cheers -- Void Whispers 17:22, 29 May 2017 (UTC)
Please examine my (IP) edits to my named account's userpage, it shouldn't be disallowed even though it starts with an IP address. 18.104.22.168 10:11, 1 August 2017 (UTC)
AlvaroMolina for consul
Hi, yesterday I used the temporary feature on Special:Userrights and I'm wondering if that feature was created by Miraheze or it comes with MediaWiki. Thank you, Cyborg (talk) 20:52, 9 September 2017 (UTC)
- Temporary userrights is a feature that was added in MediaWiki version 1.29. It is not specific to Miraheze. -- Void Whispers 00:03, 10 September 2017 (UTC)
I've added translation pages to the MediaWiki:Titleblacklist to prevent vandalism. Only autoconfirmed users can modify or create translations now. The translations of the main page are also protected. Please feel free to change it after it's safe. --Amanojaku (talk) 04:19, 16 September 2017 (UTC)
Able to change protection levels
- Because the protect action is not restricted. As a result, unless we decide to modify the configuration, the only way to prevent the modification of protection levels is to remove edit access as well. It would make sense if the software only allowed users to modify protection levels if they had the ability to perform the action with its current restriction level. (eg that an admin would not be able to modify consul level move/deletion restrictions). But, this is not the case. -- Void Whispers 19:45, 23 September 2017 (UTC)
Got fatal error
I made a test on how long can a user be blocked (except indefinite) and set a block till 31 Dec. 9999 23:59:59 on a wasted account (declared by its owner). Then I met "[cadbecb3fec4cc62aa74674e] 2017-11-29 12:16:46: Fatal exception of type "MWException"" on all the pages that involving the block log of that account.(Block log of that account, Block log of this site, Logs of me and so on.) Sorry for making this trouble and wish it not a big trouble for the consuls.--Tiger (talk) 12:22, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Well, it's not a problem anymore (as far as I can tell), so no big deal. -- Void Whispers 20:50, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
Asdfugil for consul in here
Enable protect lock
Allow bureaucrats to self resign
I believe bureaucrats should be allowed to resign. A little bit of code like
'+testwiki' => array(
'bureaucrat' => array(
or similar should be added to wgGroupsRemoveFromSelf in LocalSettings.php .
This code would allow a bureaucrat to revoke their own access themselves immediately without letting a bureaucrat decrat another user. Consuls would still be able to remove such access from anyone as required. --Sau226 (talk) 12:02, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
- Can someone else please comment on this? --Sau226 (talk) 10:21, 23 January 2018 (UTC)
- I support this. maybe more like
$wgGroupsRemoveFromSelf = [ 'sysop' => true ];like The Test Wiki has to allow admins to remove themself from any group. Bonnedav (talk) 02:46, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
Consul for MacFan4000
I would like to be a consul. I am currently a sysadmin, and I helped to fix this wiki from the incident. I am familiar with the permissions. I currently have them to work on cleanup.
Hay, I am new so i can say nothing as to the merits of this candidate, however I do wish that people would vote based on the merits of the candidate rather than weather they believe more Consuls are needed or not. the vote should be to determine whether or not the candidate would be a good fit for the position and weather they are trustworthy or not. After that, if the vote succeeds then it can be put on hold until such time as the current Consuls decide another one is needed. Then successful candidates can be promoted without further discussion, unless they have exibed bad behavior or gone inactive in the meantime. Bonnedav (talk) 03:05, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
Request for Consul - Kiko4564
Request for consul (Pkbwcgs)
Why can bureaucrats only add Confirmed users, Autopatrollers, and Rollbackers when administrators can both add and remove them? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Bonnedav (talk • contribs) 05:55, 11 September 2018 (UTC)
- And, that's all cleaned up now. -- Void Whispers 16:41, 11 September 2018 (UTC)
- I was thinking more like just let them remove the groups as well so it is easier to tell the difference in group add/remove perms between crat and Consul, but it's your call. Bonnedav (talk) 03:09, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
I thought I was exempted from user right removal? Does anyone know what the heck happened to my admin and crat perms? — revi 10:48, 2 November 2018 (UTC)
- I don't know, it's not in the log. User:MacFan4000 has restored these rights for you. Kiko4564 (talk) 18:28, 27 January 2019 (UTC)
I need help restoring this page
Hello all. Yesterday I made a bad decision to delete a translated version of the Main Page, https://publictestwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page/zh. I thought it would be a simple matter of just restoeing the page once I had deleted it. But since it's translated, I guess it has to be manually translated again in order to be restored. I am completely inexperienced with translating pages. Can anyone help me fix this page?
Hereis a little talk about the situation. https://publictestwiki.com/wiki/Talk:Main_Page/zh
- I tried to undelete that page, but it couldn't be restored manually, that page needs to be restored by using the Translate tool. If you want to undelete that page, here have a link to the deleted text which admins can view: HERE.
The link takes to a textbox where you can copy the text, but the page cannot be created manually, it MUST be re-created with the translate tool. Any additional help is needed for users who can Chinese. Unhappily, I cannot chinese :( so you need to ask another user who can chinese that can restore the page. Psl631 (Let's Chat!) 17:45, 8 January 2019 (UTC)
- Has this been done now? Kiko4564 (talk) 18:26, 27 January 2019 (UTC)