Bots have limited use on Public Test Wiki in that virtually anyone can request either the administrator tools or the bureaucrat bit, which, among other things, include the ability to bypass rate-limiting edit restrictions. Moreover, any bureaucrat can add themselves or another user to the pseudo-bot group, temporarily, for testing and to prevent flooding, provided they remove their access when done.
Bots have the following permissions:
- Be treated as an automated process
- Edit pages protected as "Allow only administrators"
- Edit pages protected as "Allow only autoconfirmed users"
- Edit pages protected as "Allow only bureaucrats"
- Edit pages protected as "Allow only consuls"
- Have one's own edits automatically marked as patrolled
- Not be affected by IP-based rate limits
- Not create redirects from source pages when moving pages
- Not have minor edits to discussion pages trigger the new messages prompt
- Perform CAPTCHA-triggering actions without having to go through the CAPTCHA
- Quickly rollback the edits of the last user who edited a particular page
- Use higher limits in API queries
- Use of the write API
To request to operate a full bot account, please make a request here. Any Consul will review your request for completeness and your attached source code for potential problems, errors, or vulnerabilities, and either (a) approve or (b) decline. More complex bot approval requests requiring detailed code review and analysis should be left for a Consul to review and action accordingly (where feasible and/or practicable).
List of Bots[edit source]
Number of Current bots: 10