Bureaucrat is a (mostly) testing permission that allows users to add administrator and bot permissions to other accounts. Please note that obtaining the bureaucrat permission is not that easy as it can grant administrator permissions.
To obtain the bureaucrat bit, you must be:
- A registered user for at least twenty-four (24) hours who has made at least ten (10) edits; and be,
- Trusted by the community
Bureaucrats' user group rights are as follows:
- Disable global blocks locally
- Edit pages protected as "Allow only bureaucrats"
- Edit the user interface
- Mass delete pages
- Not be affected by rate limits
- Override the spoofing checks
- Send a message to multiple users at once
- Add groups: Bots, Administrators, Bureaucrats, Testgroup and Interface administrators
- Remove groups: Bots, Administrators, Testgroup and Interface administrators
- Remove group from own account: Bureaucrats