I was wondering if you knew the answer to my question
For about a year now, I've been wanting to know whether the (deleterevision) permission is needed for the (suppressrevision) permission to work. Or whether the Special:RevisionDelete page can be accessed with the (suppressrevision) alone. I'm asking if you knew because I was told that you were once a System Administrator, and that you might know the answer to my question. And even if you don't, I was hoping that you might be able to help me figure out how I can find the answer to my question. Since I don't have access to the (suppressrevision) permission, I can't check for myself. ― C.Syde (talk | contribs) 08:25, 3 October 2020 (UTC)
- @C.Syde65: Do you want the
Adminpermission to test out the feature. --Synoman Barris (talk) 15:46, 3 October 2020 (UTC)
- per https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki/blob/master/includes/specials/SpecialRevisionDelete.php#L124 deleterevision is needed to access the special page. MacFan4000 (Talk Contribs) 15:52, 3 October 2020 (UTC)
- @MacFan4000: heh, thanks...that looks like exactly the answer @C.Syde65: was looking for, as now he can check off another user right permission in his compendium of user rights with contingent other user rights. Dmehus (talk) 16:55, 3 October 2020 (UTC)
- (mass-upload) = Pretty sure this permission can't be used without the (upload) permission, but this isn't a permission on Miraheze so it might complicate figuring out whether it relies on the (upload) permission.
- (rateimage), (multipageedit), (dpl_param_update_rules), (collectionsaveascommunitypage), and (collectionsaveasuserpage) = Pretty sure these permissions can't be used without the (edit) permission.
- (dpl_param_delete_rules) = Pretty sure this permission can't be used without the (delete) permission.