Rightsbot is a special type of bot user group that shares most (see the exceptions below for a list of the
bot rights that Rightsbot does not have) of the same user group rights as the bot user group, but with one important addition: it has the ability to remove all user groups, except the Consul user group, in the course of performing the monthly Inactivity notifications and rights removals of inactive administrators on Public Test Wiki.
The following are the full list of user rights assigned to the Rightsbot user group:
- Be treated as an automated process
- Edit pages
- Edit pages protected as "Allow only autoconfirmed users"
- Edit your own preferences
- Edit your own private data (e.g. email address, real name)
- Edit your own user CSS files
- Edit your own user JSON files
- Edit your own watchlist. Note some actions will still add pages even without this right.
- Have one's own edits automatically marked as patrolled
- Mark edits as minor
- Mark rolled-back edits as bot edits
- Not be affected by IP-based rate limits
- Not be affected by rate limits
- Perform CAPTCHA-triggering actions without having to go through the CAPTCHA
- Purge the site cache for a page
- Read pages
- Use higher limits in API queries
- Use of the write API
- View your own private data (e.g. email address, real name)
- View your own watchlist
- Remove groups: Autopatrolled users, Bots, Bureaucrats, Confirmed users, Structured Discussions bots, Interface administrators, Administrators and Testgroup
As noted above, Rightsbot does not possess three user rights normally afforded to all approved bot accounts on Public Test Wiki. They are as follows:
- Not create redirects from source pages when moving pages
- Not have minor edits to discussion pages trigger the new messages prompt
- Quickly rollback the edits of the last user who edited a particular page
List of Rightsbot bot(s)[edit source]
No user found.
Note: Although it is technically possible for there to be more than one rightsbot bot account, because it has the ability to remove the bureaucrat bit from any user, the bot operator, or proposed bot operator, should be a current Consul.